Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Redhouse reacquainted

The Redhouse is one of those fine places to dine in our town, and we should be thankful that it has weathered this bad economic storm that has taken a few of our other dining hot spots away. Frank Lucarelli has for been at the helm of the kitchen for over a year, and his food is a force to be reckoned with - YUM. The night I went there his homemade Torta (read pizza rustica) was one of the specials. I would go back for this dish in a heartbeat. On a night when the sun is pretending to shine, the outdoor deck awaits you.



Under the sure hand of Jeff Andrew, The Redhouse has not only a great kitchen, but a very fine wine selection by the glass or bottle and a treasure trove of beer. In fact, a whole room dedicated to just beer. You need not be dining there to go and purchase a bottle of something good.



For the last nine years, Aleana McMurray has been living and breathing her love of good wine and good beer, four of those years at The Redhouse. I love heading for her table and asking for her input on what I should be drinking (and eating). Aleana deserves a nod of recognition for a job well done. Gene - I love your restaurant. If I wasn't so budget constrained, you would see me around a lot more often.


The Redhouse
410 Burnett Ave.S.
425.226.2666

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Day said...

You are all too right! Aleana is the best. I have known her since 7th grade. Hats off to her!!!!

Freakazoid Freddy said...

I love the Red House too. It's the place that's great without being stuffy.

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.