Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Okay, it's Earth Day and my computer is completely down and I really am appreciating the fact that I should be celebrating a return to my roots here. So, I can't treat you to all of the lovely photos I have of found - but I can tell you of a place that embraces the ideals of Earth Day every day - Earthwise.

Talking outside of the zip code, Earthwise is located in nearby Georgetown and offers a cornucopia of building materials and such that are scavenged and brought in. Some vintage and others not, when I was here the other day I found some incredibly cool finds. You don't have to be redoing the house to wander in, for there are things for any one's nesting needs inside and out.

The tagline is "Good for you, Great for the Earth". Many materials that would have been destined for the junkyard or a landfill now come to rest here, in hopes that the budding designer within all of us will see the diamond in the rough that abound here. The staff will also offer bids on a remodel or salvage project if you have want to start anew and don't know what to do with your original materials. This is such a cool place that you have to go check it out when in the neighborhood and for certain consider it when looking for unique materials when finishing a project around the house. Then go to SmartyPants and have a beer - and have one for me, too.

Earthwise Architectural Salvage Buy*Sell*Trade

3447 - 4th Ave. S. Suite E Seattle WA 98134

206-624-4510

http://www.earthwise-salvage.com/

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.