Friday, July 22, 2011

It's like the Big Top coming to town...

Cruising through Liberty Park on my way to the Renton Annual Art Show, I saw the dormant tents of our yearly celebration - Renton River Days.

A burst of welcomed sunshine lightened the sky and brought a smile to my face as I saw the beginnings of one of my favorite local happenings. There is an excitement that reaches back to your childhood whenever you see the big white canvas of a tent being erected. An as yet, clean canvas that will soon be painted in fun.

Here's your spot, #23! Today begins the Kid's Day at Renton River Days. Free fun and a focus on the young. The Wenatchee Youth Circus is performing for the next two days - see, the Big Top really has come to town! Today at 1pm and 6pm, tomorrow at 1pm and all for a buck or two, depending on your age.




I love a big tent.






I also love some great music - this group played the last two Renton Annual Art Show's that I have had pleasure of attending - Uptown Lowdown Swing.You too can attend - it's free and open 7/22 (today) and 7/23 from 10 til 6pm. Sunday noon to 5.




The evening was lovely, and nestled in on the elbow of the Cedar River, this deck was a buzz with art appreciators and artists. Catered by Gene Sens' The Redhouse, head chef Frank working his magic, it was a classy and tasty affair. I love being in this space - hey somebody, have a wedding here and invite me, will ya?!

No sneak peaks this year - you want art?? Go see some art!! Get inspired by incredible Renton talent and then go home and make a plan to enter yourself, next year.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.