Monday, May 4, 2009

The salmon return to Renton

Out on one of the few bridges that span our local Cedar River, I looked down and saw that the salmon have returned! I know you would have to eyes like a hawk (literally) to see the fish in the photo above, so don't just take my word for it - go to the river yourself and look at all of the, Chinook, I believe, that are beginning to run. This phenomenon lasts for a few weeks, and a really useful handout on the fish that inhabit the river can be had, for free, at the library, which also spans the river.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary and I saw them yesterday as we were walking to the trail, they are so cool. You would think after millions and millions of years they would find a better way to spawn, seems like a lot of work just to lay some eggs.

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.