Friday, August 28, 2009

Newly opened on South Third Street



Cedar Chest Antiques boasts new management, new stock and a new name on the front window. With a soft opening a couple of weeks ago, Beverly Franklin and David Olds, recently of the Antique Shopping Mall from around the corner on Wells Ave., have opened new antique shopping digs for themselves. The storefront was home to another antique store prior to this one, but has a much cleaner and uncluttered look to it and there is no mistaking it for the previous shop.

The Antique Mall was one of my favorite shopping haunts when I first came to Renton, and as I pen this post, my laptop sits on a cute 50's linoleum table with matching chairs that became my first of many purchases from Beverly's previous store. I loved it in there - there were many treasures to be unearthed. The new store still has some of the goodies I grew to love looking at, but is a mite less full of the clutter and clump that are still an endearing featuring of an interesting antique shopping experience for me. Yet, as I whisked through this morning, David was purchasing some goodies from a client (yes, you can come here to relieve yourself of antiques as well!) and my thought is that more stock will be added in no time.

Cedar Chest Antiques
916 South Third Street
(25) 271 - 0511

11 - 5pm Tuesday - Saturday
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.