Sunday, June 14, 2009

In honor of Firemen that have already gone

Another blog that I really enjoy visiting, The Quincy Daily Photo Blog, had this posting for Sunday. I felt that in light of our recent fire downtown and our deep,heartfelt thanks to our own Fire Department and the departments in neighboring towns who lent a hand during our crisis, this would be really good to share.

The second Sunday in June is apparently a day of remembrance for Firefighters who have died. This is the Firefighter Memorial in Quincy,MA that resides in the cemetery across the street from their Police Station. Isn't it lovely?

I hope that the author of the this blog doesn't mind me sharing this lovely image with you. Considering what our downtown has recently been through - I think maybe they will understand just how grateful we are today for the help we so recently received.

No comments:

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.