Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When you need some decent curry...

Pabla's Indian Cuisine Restaurant across from Fred Meyer's in that little strip mall is a force to be reckoned with. I love it. And I mean, love it.
Today I went for the ever fabulous, all-you-can-eat luncheon buffet which is a mere $9.99. They have a very full set of curry options awaiting you, always with a Sag Paneer and Kabli Channa on the menu, but with rotating favorites like Mushroom Masala, or a Pabla Special. Sixteen items in all.
There is a salad with a lovely yogurt dressing, Pakoras and Samosas with the freshest of mint chutney you have ever seen. I have been to another local establishment (not to be named..) where the mint chutney is served to you in a plastic squeegee bottle and it is the color of long dead grass. Man, treat yourself to the good stuff ! I used to eat Indian food as my second staple while living overseas, and this place just takes me back as well as takes me home.
There is also Pulao Rice and freshly made Naan bread, and for desert, Jelebi's (as seen in the photo to the right - deep fired pretzel like creations that are lathered in honey) made right there at their own bakery adjoining the restaurant, which also sports a shop full of Indian provisions. The Kheer, which is a rich rice pudding spiced with cardamom should also not to be missed.

Pabla's Restuarant is open 7 days a week, and the luncheon buffet is served from 11am until 3 pm. The dinners, 5 - 10pm are just as satisfying - we recently all went out for a birthday dinner here and had a great time - the staff are so friendly and your tummy always gets a good filling. AND IT'S ALL VEGETARIAN!

PS - so unusual for me, I was without my camera today, but if it had been with me, I would have taken just such a shot as Shooz on Flickr.com did right here - thanks Shooz!
Pabla Indian Cuisine 425-228-4625
364 Renton Center Way SW #C60
(Go to their website to download a coupon for dinner or takeaway)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Pabla's!

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.