Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today is crazy cold- feels like the bitter nip of still winterness in the air, and though the weather sites tell me the lowest temperature is in the mid 30's, but most likely about 40, I call shenanigans. If we had any precipitation today, we would be a least "slushing" it, if not all out snowing.
Days are grey with the fog that is skirting the trees until late morning and clinging to the valleys beyond. Even this photo is grey, only the ivy-ridden tree trunk provides a modest bit of color. But catch that awesome, spanning the river library. A mere week ago, the place I stood to take this photo was under many feet of water. Wow. I tried to tell that to my walking companion, in a tone that implied my deepest sense of wonder and awe, but he only looked at me to see if I would treat him with a milk bone for trying to feign interest. Dogs, men - all the same.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it feels way colder than 40 degrees out there. We watched some fog "roll over" our house last night and had a creepy feeling "roll over" us as we watched. Chin up though just think of those great few weeks of spring and summer that are just around the corner.

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.