Friday, January 30, 2009

Blonde Brownies for the Birthday Boy

Whew! This month is just chock full of birthdays - I didn't even know I had so many friends born at this time of the year, damn Aquarians, I can barely keep up!
I made this batch of Blonde Brownies for my buddy, Garrison, yesterday. He is a cookie monster by nature, but it being his birthday week and all, he got brownies with semisweet chocolate chips in them. Just what any cookie face creature would salivate over. I made them extra thick and gooey to - put a little meat onto those original brownie bones -like any of us really needed that addition.

1/2 cup butter or shortening
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp. of vanilla
2 eggs
1 2/2 cups flour
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp of salt
Heat oven to 350. Heat butter or shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat. In large mising bowl, add melted butter/shortening to brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix. Sir in reamiaing ingredients. Spread into a greased square 8" pan. Bake 30 minutes or a little more until done. Cut into squares while still warm.
Betty Crocker's CookBook
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks super yummy!! I think I am going to try and make it. SOON :) :)

Copyright(c) 2008-2011 by the owner of this domain/blog,http://thepicaroon.blogspot.com/. All rights Reserved.